Chiropractic care during pregnancy is recommended by the American Pregnancy Association and has been shown to be safe and effective for reducing labor times, decreasing pain medications and other common placed medical interventions of today.
In fact, there have been no known reasons to not seek chiropractic care during your pregnancy. All chiropractors, including Dr. Cantwell and Dr. Ameneh, have been trained to work with pregnant women and the Thriving Life Wellness Center tables are suitable for your body as they avoid unneeded pressure on your abdomen.
Chiropractic care during pregnancy can provide benefits for women who are pregnant. Potential benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include:
- Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
- Controlling symptoms of nausea
- Reducing the time of labor and delivery
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain
- Prevent a potential cesarean delivery
- Chiropractic care is especially important as your body changes throughout your pregnancy. As your body prepares for the baby it will go through many physiological and endocrinological changes that can result in a misaligned spine or joints.
Another reason to maintain a chiropractic treatment plan while pregnant is that you will be able to establish pelvic balance and alignment within your body. When the pelvis is misaligned it may reduce the amount of room available for the developing baby. This restriction is called intrauterine constraint.
A misaligned pelvis may also make it difficult for the baby to get into the best possible position and affect your ability to have a natural, non-invasive birth. When breech and posterior positions happen, they interfere with the natural ease of labor and lead to interventions such as C-sections.